Creamy tomato soup made from oven roasted tomatoes. A warming and delicious soup that is quick and easy to prepare and healthy. Roasted tomatoes, canned tomatoes and creamy coconut milk are the basis of this aromatic tomato soup. Served with crispy chickpeas, homemade croutons and cheese sandwiches – all vegan! A simple recipe that is prepared in less than 60 minutes.
When I considered on Saturday what I should cook for the next week, a look out the window was enough: a soup. In autumn and winter I can not imagine anything better than warming soups, stews and currys. Although I have to admit that I can easily eat warm even in midsummer haha.
When I think about what I could cook next, I like to remember my childhood and think about what I like to eat as a child. This is how the best recipes are usually made. Even if it was a non-vegan dish, it’s often easy to exchange a few ingredients and it’s vegan. For example, I made the childhood classic lasagna vegan quite easily.
One of my favorite soups was tomato soup. I was always happy when I came home from school and my mom cooked tomato soup. So. The decision what to cook was made.
Tomato soup 2.0
At home my mom served the tomato soup mostly with noodles. Simple, but delicious. I changed the variety a bit and spiced it up with crispy chickpeas, homemade croutons and cheese sandwiches. In addition, I decided to roast some tomatoes and the onions in the oven. The roasted vegetables give the soup such a delicious aroma! Due to the contained coconut milk, the soup is also super creamy!
For a bit more crunch, I prepared chickpeas in the oven. I love to add these crispy and spicy chickpeas to soups and currys! For example, I also made it as a crunchy topping for my pumpkin soup and pumpkin curry.
And it gets even better…
In addition, I prepared homemade, crispy croutons and delicious cheese sandwiches. Perfect for dipping in the soup.
And finished is a simple classic from my childhood. The soup is incredible delicious and creamy, super easy and vegan!
If you make this vegan creamy tomato soup, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Creamy roasted tomato soup with chickpeas, croutons and cheese sandwiches - vegan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes 900ml
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can coconut milk 400ml
- 3 tsp vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- 1 can cooked chickpeas drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt, pepper and red pepper powder
- 6 slices of bread
- Vegan strainer cheese
- olive oil to brush
- 2 slices of of bread
- olive oil to brush
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees and lay out a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the tomato stalk and place it on the baking sheet with the onion and cloves of garlic.
- Brush with olive oil and bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are lightly roasted.
- Once the vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and place them in a blender together with the chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree and finely puree them *.
- Then place in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the coconut milk and season with vegetable stock, maple syrup and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and lay out a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Marinate the chickpeas in a bowl with oil and spices and spread on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes * until the chickpeas are crispy. In between open the oven door and „shake“ the chickpeas once so that they can roast all around.
Cheese sandwiches & croutons
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Sprinkle 3 slices of bread with some vegan cheese and place 1 slice of bread on each side to give 3 cheese sandwiches.
- Brush the sandwiches with olive oil.
- Brush 2 slices of bread with olive oil and cut into small cubes.
- Spread the sandwiches and croutons on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (depending on the desired degree of browning).
- Serve the finished soup with the crispy chickpeas, croutons, cheese sandwiches and fresh parsley.
- If the blender is too small, first puree the oven vegetables and then the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
- When preparing the recipe, I first baked the roasted vegetables for the tomato soup in the oven. Then I put the chickpeas and the breads together on a baking tray in the oven while preparing the tomato soup.