Hot vanilla crescent drink. A simple recipe for a vegan Christmas drink with vanilla or: Christmas in a mug! The vegan and Christmassy drink is made with cashews, lots of winter-spices like vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and tastes like vanilla crescents cookies. A dash of coconut milk makes the drink particularly creamy. The hot vanilla crescent drink is made easy and perfect for the Christmas season.
The best ideas usually come up spontaneously. Like the following: delicious vanilla crescent milk.
Last weekend I baked fresh vanilla crescents. In the afternoon or evening I like to make myself a foamed and warm vegan “milk”. Of course I grabbed a couple of cookies and dipped them in the warm milk … it just tastes so delicious! But why not try a vanilla crescent drink right away?
Thought. Done. In fact, it’s very easy.
Hot vanilla croissant drink – that’s how it works
When developing the recipe, I used my recipe for the vegan vanilla sauce, which is made on the base of cashews. And they’re also the base for this vanilla crescent drink – they are great for it.
You need the following ingredients:
- Cashews *
- Almond milk (or other vegan milk – I recommend almond or hazelnut because of the taste)
- Coconut milk (makes the drink particularly creamy – if you can’t tolerate coconut milk, just take more plant milk)
- Maple syrup (or a sweetener of your choice)
- Vanilla (in the form of vanilla sugar, vanilla extract or fresh vanilla)
- Spices (cinnamon & nutmeg go very well here)
If you want it extra creamy:
- some vanilla pudding powder (optional)
* I recommend soaking the cashews in hot water before preparing them. Depending on how powerful your mixer is, about 20 to 30 minutes. Then put the cashews with the remaining ingredients (except for the vanilla pudding powder) in a blender and mix until it is creamy and place in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer briefly.
If you want a particularly creamy drink, you can add some vanilla pudding powder. Then it becomes almost a drink to spoon and the ideal dessert :). Finally, pour it into cups while still warm and serve with vegan cream and cookies.
Have fun trying! <3
Looking for more vegan christmas recipes? Then try one of these..
- Reindeer Cookies with Chocolate Hazelnut Filling
- Cinnamon Stars
- Easy Cut Out Cookies
- Makówki | Polish dessert made from poppy seeds and yeast rolls
- Speculoos Swirl Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread with Cinnamon Crumble
- Linzer Cookies
If you make these vegan hot vanilla crescents drink, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vanille Crescents Drink
- 100 g cashews
- 250 ml almond drink
- 100 ml coconut milk or more almond drink
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla pudding powder + 1 tbsp almond drink optional
- vegane Schlagsahne
- Pour hot water over the cashew nuts and soak for about 20 to 30 minutes. Then sieve.
- Put all ingredients except the vanilla pudding powder in a blender and mix until smooth. Then put in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer briefly while stirring well so that the milk does not burn. Optionally, stir vanilla pudding powder with almond drink in a small bowl and add to the milk. Let it boil briefly until it becomes creamy and then take it off the stove. If it is too thick, add more almond drink.
- Fill into cups while still warm and serve with vegan whipped cream and cookies.