Vegan pumpkin cake with sweet cinnamon maple glaze. A fluffy, moist and sweet cake with pumpkin and autumnal spices. Serve the cake with a sweet glaze with cinnamon and maple syrup that goes perfectly with the autumn cake. The recipe is super easy and vegan.
It’s #PumpkinWeek! This week I am sharing many delicious recipes with pumpkin on my Instagram channel and blog. From sweet to savory to recipes for taking a break in between. The following recipes have been part of this week so far:
- Pumpkin and Spinach Gnocchi with crunchy walnuts and cashew parmesan
- Fluffy Pumpkin Waffles
- Delicious Pumpkin Spinach Ricotta Lasagna
And today I’m sharing another delicious and special recipe with you.
If you have already browsed through my blog, then you may also have discovered my recipe for the Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Frosting. I used the delicious recipe to bake another variant: in a bread shape with a cinnamon maple glaze.
The recipe is super simple:
Pumpkin cake. First mix the dry ingredients. Then mix the liquid ingredients together and mix everything into a smooth dough. Not only pumpkin puree provides the autumn aroma, but also a pumpkin pie spice mix. You can prepare your own mix of spices. I’ll tell you how it works in the recipe.
Spread the dough in a lightly greased dish and bake in the oven.
That’s it. It couldn’t be easier ;-). Probably the biggest challenge is waiting patiently while the cake is in the oven and then cooling it down.
It doesn’t really matter whether you use this recipe or the other for your pumpkin cake. So why a new recipe for it?
Cinnamon Maple Glaze
The recipe differs when serving. The sweet cinnamon glaze is way too tasty in combination not to dedicate a separate recipe :-).
For the glaze you only need 3 ingredients + water and it goes perfectly with the autumn cake.
If you prefer it creamy, you will find the recipe for the pumpkin cake with creamy cinnamon frosting here.
And now: enjoy baking and bon appetite <3.
Looking for more sweet pumpkin recipes? Try one of these…
- Simple Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Frosting
- Fluffy Pumpkin Brownies
- Creamy Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Date Caramel
If you make this Pumpkin Cake, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Maple Glaze
- 20 cm baking form
- 250 g flour
- 100 g brown sugar*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix*
- 350 g pumpkin puree*
- 1 ripe banana* mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 60 ml oil
Cinnamon Maple Glaze
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water or more
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Lightly grease a 20 cm loaf pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and pumpkin spice in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix carefully to form a smooth dough and distribute in the mold.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes *. Take out and let cool down completely.
Cinnamon Maple Glaze
- For the cinnamon glaze, sieve powdered sugar into a bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon and water and stir everything until smooth (with a whisk or hand mixer). If it is too thick, add more water.
- Then spread over the cooled pumpkin cake and serve.
- If you change the brown sugar, please note that the consistency of the dough can change. This also applies to the exchange of all other ingredients.
- You can either use a Pumpkin Spice mix or, alternatively, make your own mix. For this you take 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Instead of a banana, you can also use approx. 80g apple sauce or more pumpkin puree. Then sweeten it more if necessary.
- You have two options for making pumpkin puree:
1) In the pot: Dice the Hokkaido pumpkin, place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to the boil and simmer until the pumpkin is soft. Then pour off the water and puree finely with the help of a hand blender or in a blender.
2) In the oven: preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Cut the Hokkaido pumpkin into small pieces, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until the pumpkin is soft. Then finely puree with the help of a hand blender or in a blender.
- The baking time can vary depending on the oven.
- It is best to test whether the cake is ready with a wooden skewer or a knife. Both should come out again when piercing the cake without any liquid dough residue.