Roasted Red Pepper Pasta, fried bell pepper and crispy chickpeas. A simple recipe for a creamy vegan pasta sauce. This aromatic pasta sauce is pureed from roasted bell peppers and tomatoes in a blender to make a creamy sauce. Coconut milk makes the sauce really creamy and herbs add a delicious taste. It is served with crispy, spicy oven-roasted chickpeas, turning a simple pasta dish into an absolute highlight! The simple recipe for this vegan pasta dish is easy to make and super tasty!
Aromatic pasta sauce with roasted bell peppers and tomatoes
If you are looking for a simple and uncomplicated alternative to tomato sauce, you should definitely try this recipe! In addition to tomatoes, roasted bell peppers and coconut milk are added to the sauce.
The roasted bell pepper gives the tomato sauce a particularly tasty and aromatic taste. Coconut milk not only makes the sauce super creamy, but also adds a wonderful mild contrast to the smoky bell peppers. The highlight are the crispy and flavorful chickpeas, which are baked in the oven and provide extra crunch on top of the pasta.
The delicious roasted bell pepper sauce is the ideal alternative to tomato sauce and is super easy to make!
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta – the details
The recipe is quick and easy to make.
For the sauce, puree the roasted bell peppers from the jar with the tomato, onion, garlic, coconut milk and spices in a blender until creamy. This serves as the basis for the sauce.
Fry the bell pepper strips with tomato paste and paprika flakes in a pan. Add the bell pepper sauce, bring to the boil and season with balsamic vinegar, maple syrup (or another sweetener) and spices.
Cook the spaghetti al dente or to your taste and drain. Keep some of the water that the pasta was boiled in. Mix the pasta with the sauce and add the water as required if the sauce is too thick. The simple pasta dish with a delicious bell pepper sauce is ready!
The topping: Crispy chickpeas
The flavorful oven-baked chickpeas make a great crispy topping for the creamy pasta.
Marinate cooked chickpeas with oil and spices and bake in the oven. For a particularly crispy result, open the oven door a few times and shake the chickpeas around so that they are evenly baked.
If you are looking for a tasty and quick recipe for lunch or dinner, you cannot go wrong with this pasta dish. Have fun trying it out and enjoy your meal!
Looking for more easy recipes?
- Vegan Pumpkin Lasagna with Spinach and Cashew Ricotta
- Vegan Lentil Stew | Easy lentil stew with mushrooms and carrots
- Vegan Mushroom Casserole | One-Pot Pasta Bake
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese | Vegan
If you make this roasted red pepper pasta, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Crunchy Chickpeas
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas 265 g drained weight
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- salt and pepper
Roasted bell pepper sauce
- 1 jar of roasted bell peppers 210 g drained weight
- 200 ml pureed tomatoes
- 200 ml coconut milk or vegan cooking cream
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1 large bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika flakes or paprika powder
- 1 tbsp dark balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- dalt and pepper to taste
- 210 g pasta of your choice
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Marinate the chickpeas with oil and spices and spread on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until crispy. Halfway through the baking time, shake the chickpeas around once so that they are baked evenly and open the oven door in between so that moisture can escape.
- Then remove and set aside.
Roasted bell pepper sauce
- Drain the roasted bell pepper and puree with the tomato puree, coconut milk, onion, garlic and spices in a blender until creamy.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bell pepper over medium heat for about 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, add paprika flakes and fry for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper sauce and bring to boil. Season to taste with balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice and salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. As soon as the pasta is cooked, drain and retain some of the water.
- Put the pasta in the pan and mix with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, stir in some of the pasta water. Place in a pasta bowl and sprinkle chickpeas and fresh parsley over the pasta.