Thai Stir-Fry Noodles with creamy peanut sauce, crispy fried tofu and crunchy vegetables. A simple and quick recipe for a vegan noodle dish. The highlight in this recipe is the sweet and spicy peanut sauce, which is refined with red Thai curry paste and mixed with rice noodles. Tofu fried in peanut oil and crunchy colorful vegetables go perfectly with the creamy noodles. With fresh spring onions and peanuts for extra crunch. Super easy & super simple! The vegan Thai noodle dish requires only a few ingredients, can be changed according to taste and is ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes! What more do you want?
This is for all noodle fans!
Anyone who browses through my blog or my Instagram page will quickly realize that I’m a big fan of noodle dishes. I recently shared a super delicious recipe for a vegan Asian noodle dish with you. Such noodle dishes have several advantages, for example:
- endless possibilities, according to your own taste,
- quick and easy to make,
- the tastiest way to use up your (vegetable) supplies.
And so this recipe came about as part of my #aufbrauchchallengebyanjushka. The recipe only requires ingredients that are ideally already in your pantry as “must-haves”. + vegetables from the fridge or freezer. And you’re ready to go.
Vegan Thai Stir-Fry Noodles with peanut sauce – how it works
The recipe is quick and easy to make.
I chose rice noodles for this recipe. You can of course also use other noodles. You can find rice noodles in well-stocked supermarkets or in Asian shops. The great thing about the noodles is that you just pour hot water over them and steep for 10 minutes. 10 minutes to prepare the sauce.
The sauce is made from peanut butter, soy sauce, peanut oil, fresh ginger and garlic. Red curry paste ensures a pleasant sharpness and taste, while maple syrup compensates for the sharpness. Totally tasty! Puree all ingredients in a blender or with the help of a hand blender until creamy and dilute with water.
Then mix the sauce with the noodles and spice it up to taste.
Crispy tofu and crunchy vegetables
My favorite combination with the noodles: crispy tofu and crunchy vegetables!
First I fried the tofu in peanut oil until crispy and took it out of the pan. I recommend you sauté the tofu in peanut or sesame oil. It tastes so delicious!
Then I seared colorful peppers and added the noodles, sauce and cooked edamame and mixed everything well. Finally add the tofu and serve.
Fresh lime juice, crunchy peanuts and spring onions are a must for me as a topping ;-).
If you are looking for a tasty and quick recipe for lunch or dinner, you cannot go wrong with this noodle dish. Have fun trying it out and enjoy your meal!
Here you can find more Asian and vegan recipe ideas:
- Vegan Coconut Curry
- Cashew Sesame Tofu with Coconut Rice
- Vegan Thai Panang Curry
- Vegan Tofu Kung Pao with Rice
- Vegan Asian Stir-Fry Noodles
And finally, if you try this Vegan Thai Stir-Fry Noodles, be sure to leave me a comment and / or rate the recipe! I am always happy to read from you and learn how you like my recipes and I do my best to respond to you! As soon as your masterpiece is ready, do as I do: share your photo on Instagram and don’t forget to link to it and use the hashtag #byanjushka! It’s a lot of fun to see your creations <3.
Thai Stir-Fry Noodles with Peanut Sauce, Tofu and Veggies
- 180 g rice noodles or other noodles
- 100 g peanut butter
- 45 g Soja Sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 80 ml water
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 250 g smoked tofu diced
- 2 red peppers cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper cut into strips
- 100 g edamame thawed if frozen
- ½ lime use the juice
- roasted peanuts
- spring onions cut into rings
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Then drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, puree all the ingredients for the sauce until creamy. Add more water as needed.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large pan. Add the diced tofu and fry for about 10 minutes until the tofu is golden brown. Then take it out.
- Add the pepper strips to the pan and fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the pasta, peanut sauce, edamame and lime juice and mix everything well. Finally add the tofu.
- Put into bowls and serve with roasted peanuts and spring onions.
- You can use pasta and vegetables of your choice in this recipe.