Vegan avocado pesto with spaghetti. A simple and quick recipe for a creamy avocado pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and zucchini. The delicious pesto is made on the basis of avocado, roasted pine nuts, lemon juice and spices. Yeast flakes give the vegan pesto its typical tangy and slightly cheesy taste. The avocado pesto is served with spaghetti and dried tomatoes and zucchini from the pan, which go perfectly with the creamy pesto. This simple recipe requires only a few ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Cooking quickly and easily…
… doesn’t always have to mean pasta with tomato sauce ;-). I’m also a big fan of the simple classic. But I’m also a big fan of pesto. A pesto is perfect if you want to prepare a delicious pasta dish quickly and easily. And best of all: pesto is also quick and easy to make!
Avocado pesto has been one of my favorites for years. It’s made from just a few ingredients, and is super creamy and filling. It goes perfectly with spaghetti or other noodles and is also very tasty combined with vegetables. For example, I like dried tomatoes and zucchini from the pan best with it. But fresh tomatoes also go great with it.
However you want to serve it, I guarantee you: it tastes incredibly delicious!
Depending on the variety, pesto usually consists of basil, olive oil, (Parmesan) cheese, pine nuts, garlic and salt. The whole thing is also easy to make vegan: Basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt are also used. Instead of the strong Parmesan cheese, yeast flakes are included in the pesto.
For the avocado variant, there is also an avocado that makes the pesto particularly creamy and filling without it tasting “too heavy”. Lemon juice ensures a particularly light and “fresh” aroma.
Vegan avocado pesto with spaghetti – how it works
The recipe is quick and easy to make:
Puree all ingredients for the pesto in a blender until creamy and season to taste. Cook the spaghetti or a pasta of your choice and then mix well with the creamy avocado pesto.
If you like, you can spice up the dish with vegetables. Fresh tomatoes or fried vegetables go particularly well.
In this recipe, I seared dried tomatoes and zucchini in a pan. Then add the sauce and pasta, mix everything together and serve.
If you are looking for a tasty and quick recipe for lunch or dinner, you cannot go wrong with this vegan avocado pesto.
Have fun trying it out and enjoy your meal!
Are you looking for more simple recipe ideas? Then have a look here:
- Vegan Lentil Stew
- Vegan Thai Panang Curry
- Vegan Bolognese Casserole
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Crunchy Chickpeas
- Vegan Mushroom Casserole
If you make this Vegan Avocado-Pesto with Spaghetti, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Avocado Pesto with Spaghetti
- 1 avocado
- 10 g basil leaves
- 10 g pine nuts roasted
- 2-3 tbsp oats
- ½ lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove of garlic peeled
- water as required
- 160 g spaghetti or other noodles
- 2 tbsp oil to sauté
- 75 g dried tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 small zucchini cut into small pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and core the avocado. Puree together with basil, pine nuts, yeast flakes, lemon juice, oil, salt and garlic in a blender or with a hand blender until creamy. Add enough water until the consistency is creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Drain as soon as the pasta is done.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a pan. Add tomatoes and fry for about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the zucchini and fry for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and avocado pesto to the pan and mix everything together. Then serve.