Vegan burger patties with avocado cream and caramelized onions. Simple, sure to succeed and absolutely delicious! The spicy burger patties are made from black beans, corn and are pan-fried until crispy. Together with a creamy avocado cream, caramelized onions and ingredients such as lettuce, pickled cucumber and vegan cheese, you can quickly and easily prepare delicious and healthy vegan burgers.
This is not my first burger recipe, but the first on my blog! In keeping with the summer weather, I have a particularly delicious and summery burger recipe for you: vegan burger patties made from black beans and corn with avocado cream and caramelized onions. The burger patties taste just as delicious as they sound: spicy and summery thanks to the right spices, herbs and corn!
The best thing about the patties, besides the taste, is that they are simple and made from basic ingredients like black beans, corn, flour, breadcrumbs, tender oatmeal and spices. In other words, ingredients that are ideally already in your pantry.
Vegan burger patties – how it works
The burger patties are simple and made from basic ingredients. I have seasoned them to my taste, but don’t be afraid to season them to your own taste ;-).
The burger patties consist of the following ingredients: (fried) onion, garlic, black beans and corn. Wash the black beans, drain them and then dry them with a tea towel. Then mash with a fork until there are a few individual pieces of beans left. Be careful not to crush the beans and make them too creamy.
Instead of black beans, you can also use kidney beans.
Flour, coarse (panko) breadcrumbs and tender oat flakes ensure that the mixture holds together.
If you don’t have panko breadcrumbs at home, you can also use fine breadcrumbs.
For seasoning I used chili and paprika powder, brown sugar, turmeric, oregano, brown sugar and a dash of soy sauce and ketchup (or a BBQ sauce).
Mix all ingredients, shape into patties and fry in a pan on both sides for a few minutes until crispy. Your delicious and vegan burger patties are ready and you can serve them as you like.
Vegan burger step by step
The patties are perfect for vegan burgers. I put together burgers from burger rolls, avocado cream, lettuce, pickled cucumbers and caramelized onions.
If you want to make your own cheese burger, then I recommend you proceed as follows: Fry the shaped burger patty on one side until crispy and turn it over. Then put a slice of (vegan) cheese on top and put a lid on the pan. Fry until the other side is crispy and the cheese has melted. Nothing beats melted cheese!
Have fun trying it out and enjoy your meal!
Here you can find more vegan recipe ideas for spring and summer:
- Vegan Coconut Curry
- Vegan “Honey-Mustard” Schnitzel Salad
- Vegan Tahini Pasta
- Vegan Orzo Risotto
- Vegan Avocado Pesto with Spaghetti
- Crispy Cauliflower Wings
And finally, if you try this Vegan Burger Patties, be sure to leave me a comment and / or rate the recipe! I am always happy to read from you and learn how you like my recipes and I do my best to respond to you! As soon as your masterpiece is ready, do as I do: share your photo on Instagram and don’t forget to link to it and use the hashtag #byanjushka! It’s a lot of fun to see your creations <3.
Vegan Burger Patties
Vegan burger patties
- 2 tbsp oil to sauté
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cans of black beans* 320 g drained weight
- 100 g corn
- 1 clove of garlic pressed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp coarse breadcrumbs*
- 2 tbsp of tender oatmeal
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ketchup or BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil to sauté
- vegan cheese optional
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- pinch of sugar
- burger buns
- pickled cucumbers
- For the burger patties, first fry the onions in oil in a pan for a few minutes until translucent. Drain the beans, wash them and dry them with a tea towel. Then mash with a fork.
- Put the onions and beans in a bowl along with the corn, garlic, flour, breadcrumbs, oat flakes and the spices and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into about 6 to 7 burgers with moistened hands.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the patties over medium heat for about 5 to 8 minutes per side until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- For the (vegan) cheese burger variant: Fry the patties on one side and then turn. Place a slice of vegan cheese on the patty, put the lid on the pan and fry until the other side is also crispy and the cheese has melted.
- For the avocado cream, peel, halve and core the avocado. Puree with the remaining ingredients until creamy.
- For the caramelized onions, heat the oil in a pan. Add onions and a little sugar and fry over medium heat for about 5 to 8 minutes until the onions are golden brown.
- Brush the lower burger buns with avocado cream. Place the lettuce and burger patty on top. Then the pickled cucumbers and caramelized onions. Finally, put the burger bun on top and enjoy!
- Washed, drained and dried I used a total of 320 g of black beans.
- Instead of black beans, you can also use kidney beans.
- If you don't have coarse panko breadcrumbs, fine breadcrumbs can also be used.