Vegan carrot cake bars with cinnamon frosting. This carrot cake tastes super delicious and moist. It’s made of grated carrots and apple sauce and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg – so good! Served with a creamy cinnamon frosting, these healthy carrot cake bars a highlight for every occasion – not only during Easter. The vegan carrot cake bars are quick and easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
Perfect for every occasion!
I tried this moist classic for the first time a few years ago. If you are on Instagram as a food blogger, you cannot avoid it :-P. And as so often, the first time I tried it, I thought: “Why not earlier, Anja?” Since then I have been baking Carrot Cake variations every Easter. But the carrot cake is also a welcome gift on birthdays or family reunions.
Carrot Cake Bars & Variations
The carrot cake can be baked in many different ways. Personally, I like it as a classic cake from a springform pan or as a carrot cake bar from a brownie pan.
But I’ve also baked carrot cake tartlets or used a loaf pan. There are no limits to creativity here. However, the baking time can vary depending on the baking pan. So always keep that in mind.
This recipe is suitable for a 20 cm baking pan. So you can take a small brownie form and make carrot cake bars out of it, but you can also make the classic variant with a round springform pan.
The carrot cake tastes super moist and aromatic due to the grated carrots and applesauce. Therefore there is no need to serve it with a frosting. But the creamy cinnamon frosting makes it especially tasty ;).
With this recipe I went for a creamy cinnamon frosting. I had already used this frosting for my pumpkin cake and it goes well with the carrot cake, too.
Extra tip: Walnuts! You can use them as a topping on the cake or finely chopped in the batter.
Have fun baking and enjoying it <3.
Looking for more easy baking recipes? Try one of these…
- Cinnamon buns with apple and nut filling
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Chocolate Pear Cake
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Delicious Marble Cake
- Speculoos Swirl Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Chocolate Orange Tart
- Apple Pie with date caramel
- Vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake
If you make this Vegan Carrot Cake, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Carrot Cake Bars with Cinnamon Frosting
- 20 cm baking form
- 250 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 100 g sugar
- 250 g carrots finely grated
- 150 g apple sauce
- 75 ml oil
- 230 ml plant milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g chopped walnuts optional
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 50 g vegan margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp plant milk depending on the desired consistency
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Lightly grease a 20 cm baking pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix the grated carrots, applesauce, oil, plant milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract in a second bowl. Slowly stir the carrot mixture into the dry ingredients and optionally fold in chopped walnuts. Mix everything into a dough (do not stir too long) and then distribute it in the baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 to 60 minutes, until the batter is ready*. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool down.
- As soon as the cake has cooled, brush with the frosting and decorate as desired.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes. If the frosting is too firm, add a little plant milk until the consistency is creamy enough.
- Tip: Use vegan soy vanilla milk for more vanilla flavor and sweetness.
- If you replace the sugar, please note that the consistency of the dough may change. This also applies to the exchange of other ingredients.
- The baking time can vary depending on the oven. It is best to test whether the cake is ready with a wooden skewer or a knife. Both should come out again when piercing without any liquid dough residue.