Creamy cauliflower soup with crispy coconut bacon. A simple recipe for a delicious and vegan soup made from cauliflower, potatoes and coconut milk. Yeast flakes provide the “cheesy” flavor in the soup. The extra creamy cauliflower soup is perfect for the cold season and is best served with crispy coconut bacon. Every spoon is a pleasure!
Now that it is officially autumn, it is time for many cozy and warming feel-good dishes. Even though I am a summer child at heart, I love the autumn and winter cuisine very much. It’s fun to stand in the kitchen and turn on the stove and oven while it’s gray and rainy outside. Or to come home after an autumn walk and eat something warm for body and soul.
In addition, the autumn and winter time has a large selection of delicious, seasonal fruit and vegetables to offer. For example cauliflower. How does a creamy, warming cauliflower soup sound on a cold and gray autumn day? For me, she has a day like this a little less cold and gray :-).
Spoiler: Even “cauliflower refusers” will definitely love the soup!
Vegan cauliflower soup – the details
The recipe couldn’t be easier. It is based on cauliflower, onion, garlic and potatoes as well as coconut milk, vegetable broth and spices. First, the cauliflower is roasted in the oven. This gives the soup a delicious aroma. In the meantime, prepare the vegetables in a saucepan and deglaze with coconut milk and vegetable stock. As soon as the cauliflower is ready, add it to the pot along with the spices. Leave a part to garnish.
The whole thing is cooked for about 20 minutes and then pureed creamy in a mixer or with a hand blender. I recommend adding yeast flakes for a particularly spicy and “cheesy” taste. Finally, serve with the remaining cauliflower, spring onions and vegan coconut bacon.
So easy and so delicious!
Crispy “bacon” made from coconut chips
The smoky and crispy “bacon” made from coconut chips goes perfectly with the creamy and mild soup. For the quick and vegan variant, the coconut chips are marinated in oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika powder and smoked salt and then baked in the oven until crispy.
If you are looking for a delicious and warming inspiration for lunch or dinner, you can’t go wrong with this soup. Have fun trying it out and enjoy your meal!
Looking for more vegan lunch or dinner recipes? Try one of these…
- Vegan Lasagna
- Oven Baked Crepes with Spinach Feta Filling
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Lentil Pumpkin Curry with Naan bread
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Soup with crispy chickpeas
- Pumpkin Curry
If you make this cauliflower soup, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Cauliflower Soup with Coconut Bacon
- 1 Cauliflower ( about 500g) cut into florets
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 300 g potatoes
- 400 ml coconut milk*
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- spring onions to serve
- 75 g coconut chips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp red pepper powder (smoked)
- ½ tsp smoked salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the cauliflower with oil and salt and spread on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is lightly roasted. Then remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent. Peel and dice the potatoes and add to the pot. Fry for another 5 minutes. Deglaze with coconut milk and vegetable stock. Add cauliflower from the oven. Leave a portion to garnish and set aside. Add lemon juice and spices and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Then carefully puree finely in a blender and season to taste. Optionally add yeast flakes.
- Pour the soup into bowls. Serve with roasted cauliflower, spring onions, and coconut bacon.
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl and let the coconut chips soak in the marinade. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- As soon as the oven is warm, spread the coconut chips on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until crispy. Turn once after about 8 minutes of baking time.
- Alternatively, use 3 tbsp vegan butter and more vegetable stock.