Simple recipe for vegan chocolate pancakes! For this recipe, I’ve combined two of my favorite ingredients for pancakes: cocoa and blueberries! The included banana works as an egg substitute and also gives the pancakes a natural sweetness and makes them moist! The recipe is simple, delicious and you can vary it to your taste. With these fluffy, moist and chocolaty pancakes you are ready for Pancake Sunday! YAY!
We all need a basic recipe for pancakes, right? A recipe that we can vary according to your mood (or depending on what we have at home 😉 ). A recipe that succeeds. I have such a recipe for you!
These vegan chocolate pancakes with banana are easy to make, juicy and super fluffy. The banana not only works as a natural sweetness, but also provides for bonding. Instead of banana, you can also use apple sauce. Like I said: simple basic recipe, that you can modify to your taste!
Two of my favorite ingredients for pancakes are baking cocoa and blueberries. The baking cocoa makes the pancakes super chocolaty and the blueberries make the pancakes moist and sweet. You can also leave the two ingredients aside and prepare your pancake dough with, for example, cinnamon, vanilla or small apple pieces!
What’s your favorite topping?
I like to use a chocolate cream, berry compote and fresh fruit!
Write me in the comments below, how you like your pancakes best! I am looking forward to new inspirations! In autumn, don’t forget to try my recipe for vegan pumpkin pancakes!
The best part of this recipe is that it is super simple. You only need a bowl, a whisk and a pan and the preparation takes only a maximum of 20 minutes. A cozy Sunday breakfast is therefore nothing in the way!
If you make these vegan chocolate pancakes, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan chocolate pancakes with banana and blueberries
- 120 g flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ripe banana* mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 tbsp oil*
- 100 ml vegan milk
- Dash of sparkling water
- 100 g blueberries
- Fresh berries
- melted chocolate
- berry compote
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl. Add the banana, vanilla extract, oil, vegetable milk and a dash of sparkling water, stir briefly and let the dough stand for 10 minutes. Then carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Brush a well-coated pan with oil. Add about 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake to the pan and bake over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until small bubbles form. Turn carefully and bake for another 2-3 minutes. Remove and continue until the batter is used up.
- Serve the pancakes to taste.
- Instead of a banana, you can also use 50g applesauce.
- Instead of oil, you can also use 1 tablespoon of melted vegetable margarine.