The best vegan chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. A simple and quick recipe for a classic one. The cake is fluffy and chocolaty and the creamy chocolate frosting needs only 2 ingredients! The perfect recipe for every occasion!
I have tried many chocolate cake recipes, but something has always been missing. Either the cake was not fluffy enough. Or I have used replacement products that you do not even get in the supermarket around the corner. I wanted to make THE BEST chocolate cake. A basic recipe. Easy and quick.
I admit it: Rarely it was so much fun to create a recipe, as in this case. It was so delicious haha ;-).
If you like chocolate cake, then you have to try this recipe.
I did it. The recipe is incredibly delicious! The cake is fluffy and chocolaty. There is also a creamy 2-ingredient chocolate frosting. YUM!
In addition, it is completely vegan. By the way, a great recipe, if someone asks you again: “Vegan? And what do you eat?”. How about this chocolate cake?
Another plus: The recipe is SUPER EASY. No fancy ingredients or special kitchen equipment. The chocolate cake is made in less than an hour an ready to eat in 2 hours (the cake needs to be left in the fridge for a while to allow the frosting to set). What more do you want?
Vegan chocolate cake – how it works!
For the frosting you only need coconut milk from the tin and dark chocolate. Instead of coconut milk, you can also use a vegan whipped cream. Melt the chocolate in a saucepan and mix with the coconut milk. If you want, you can sweeten it with icing sugar in addition.
Then spread the frosting on the cooled cake (while leaving the cake in the mold) and place in the refrigerator to solidify.
You can not go wrong with this vegan chocolate cake. The cake is incredibly delicious and suitable for any occasion. ENJOY!
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Try one of these…
If you make this vegan chocolate cake, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- 20cm baking form
- 200 ml vegan milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g applesauce
- 75 g rapeseed oil or soft vegan butter
- 200 g flour
- 150 g sugar*
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or vegan whipped cream
- 180 g dark chocolate
- 30 g powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 20cm baking pan and cover the bottom with baking paper.
- Whisk vegan milk, oil and sugar in a bowl and add the apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and applesauce, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly stir in the liquid ingredients until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Put the dough in the baking form and bake in the oven for about 45-60 minutes*.
- Then remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- For the frosting, heat coconut milk and chocolate in a saucepan and stir. Optionally sweet with powdered sugar.
- Then allow to cool.
- Put the frosting into the mold on the cake and let it set in the fridge for about 2-3 hours.
- Then store the cake in the fridge so that the frosting does not soften.
- If you replace the sugar with another sweetener (such as coconut blossom sugar or a syrup), then the consistency of the cake may change.
- To check if the cake is finished, it's best to check it with the wooden stick test. For the wooden stick test, place the stick into the cake. When the cake is finished, the wooden stick should come out of the cake dry.