Vegan Chocolate Chip Blondies. A simple recipe for the “light” brownie. The vegan blondies are made from a few basic ingredients and are typically moist and fudgy. Extra dark chocolate chunks go perfectly with the sweet and light batter, which is refined with vanilla and tastes slightly caramelized thanks to the brown sugar. So delicious! The most delicious and easiest Chocolate Chip Blondie recipe that is sure to succeed and goes perfectly with every occasion!
The light version of the brownie
Ever tried blondies? Blondies are the “blond”, i.e. light, version of the chocolate brownie. Perfect if you want the typical properties of a brownie: moist, fudgy and incredibly tasty! And that’s exactly what this recipe is perfect for! It’s vegan, simple and made without substitute products, most and chunky, tasty and not too sweet.
+ it’s probably the tastiest answer to the question: “What do you eat as a vegan?” Here’s the answer:
One recipe to always have on hand is a good and easy recipe for brownies! And I have such a recipe for you today!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Blondies – how it works
The vegan Chocolate Chip Blondies are super easy to make. You need a square (brownie) baking pan, about 20 x 20 cm.
Flax eggs made from crushed flaxseed and applesauce are used as an egg substitute. Crushed flax seeds are a super tasteless egg substitute and ensure that the mass holds together. Just like applesauce. Applesauce also gives a natural sweetness and ensures that the blondies turn out particularly moist.
Mix dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder and salt. Melt the vegetable margarine in the microwave or in a saucepan and mix with brown sugar. I also added vanilla extract because I really like the taste.
Mix everything together with a plant-based drink, the flax eggs and the applesauce to form a dough and fold in the chocolate chips. Be careful not to stir too much.
Then pour into the baking pan, optionally sprinkle with chocolate drops and then the whole thing goes into the oven. Now all you have to do is be patient and endure the anticipation while the kitchen smells heavenly (that’s what I love about baking!).
Before enjoying …
I recommend baking the blondies for about 30 to 35 minutes. The baking time can however differ depending on the oven. After about 20 minutes you can use a wooden skewer or knife to test whether the brownies are done. There should be no liquid dough residue on the skewer or knife. They should be ready after 35 minutes, however. The longer you bake the blondies, the “drier” they become.
After baking, wait a little longer and let them cool down for about 45 to 60 minutes so that it doesn’t crumble when you cut it.
And then: bon appetit!
If you like these Chocolate Chip Blondies, I’m sure you’ll like the following recipes too:
- Vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake
- Vegan Apple Pie
- Vegan Strawberry Tiramisu
- Vegan Lava Cake
- Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Mug Cake
And finally, if you try the the Vegan Chocolate Chip Blondies, be sure to leave me a comment and / or rate the recipe! I am always happy to read from you and learn how you like my recipes and I do my best to respond to you! As soon as your masterpiece is ready, do as I do: share your photo on Instagram and don’t forget to link to it and use the hashtag #byanjushka! It’s a lot of fun to see your creations <3.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 20 x 20 cm brownie baking pan
- 2 tbsp flaxseed crushed
- 6 tbsp water
- 125 g plant-based margarine
- 200 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 80 ml of plant-based milk
- 50 g applesauce
- 80 g chocolate drops dark
- First prepare the flax eggs. To do this, stir in the flaxseed and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C, top and bottom heat. Lightly grease the baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Melt margarine in the microwave or a saucepan. Add brown sugar and vanilla and stir.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the liquid margarine-sugar mixture, flax eggs, plant-based milk and applesauce and stir briefly to form a batter. Fold in about 50 g of the chocolate drops.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and smooth it out. Spread the rest of the chocolate drops over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, until a wooden skewer or knife comes out without any liquid dough residue. Then take them out of the oven and let them cool for 45 to 60 minutes.