Simple chocolate pear cake. A fluffy and chocolaty cake with juicy pear and caramelized hazelnuts. This cake is the most delicious autumn variant of the classic chocolate cake. The recipe is super easy and vegan.
Every month I ask my community on Instagram about recipe requests for the coming month. One of them was brownies with pears. I didn’t have to think twice before I decided that I would definitely implement this wish. Nearly…
Because my chocolate cake immediately came to mind. Maybe you already know my recipe for the vegan chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It’s one of the most popular recipes on my blog. Why not use it as a basis for an autumn variant with pears? And the result is SO DELICIOUS.
Chocolate pear cake
The recipe is super simple:
The base: chocolate cake. First beat the liquid ingredients with the whisk until frothy. This makes the cake nice and fluffy. Mix the dry ingredients together in the second bowl and then mix the two together to form a smooth batter. You can refine the dough with autumnal spices such as cinnamon or add ground hazelnuts. Here I would use about 170g flour and 30g ground nuts.
Pears. I cut the pears into slices and pressed them lightly into the batter. How you decorate the cake with the pears is up to you :-).
Hazelnuts. Nuts go great with the combination of chocolate and pear. I chose hazelnuts, which I spread over the dough.
Brown sugar as a finish. Finally, I sprinkled some brown sugar over the pears and hazelnuts. The sugar caramelizes in the oven, which gives the whole thing that certain autumn aroma. This step is optional. For example, you can brush the pears and nuts with maple syrup.
The preparation is very easy. Spread the chocolate cake batter in a lightly greased dish, decorate the batter with pears and nuts, sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in the oven. And then you just have to be patient and enjoy!
Enjoy baking and bon appetite <3.
Looking for more fall-dessert recipes? Try one of these…
- Simple Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Frosting
- Fluffy Pumpkin Brownies
- Creamy Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Date Caramel
- Cinnamon Buns with Apple Nut Filling
- Cinnamon Crepes with Baked Apple Filling
If you make this Pumpkin Cheesecake, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
- 20 cm baking form
- 200 ml vegan milk
- 75 g oil or vegan butter
- 150 g sugar
- 75 g apple sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- 2-3 pears cored and sliced
- hazelnuts optional
- brown sugar optional
- chocolate icing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Lightly grease a 20cm baking pan and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Mix vegan milk, oil and sugar vigorously in a bowl (beat until foamy). Add apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and applesauce and mix well again.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and slowly stir into the liquid ingredients. All processed into a smooth dough and spread in the baking form.
- Spread the pears and hazelnuts over the cake and press lightly into the batter. Sprinkle both with a little brown sugar and then bake in the oven for about 45 minutes *. Take out and let cool down completely.
- Decorate with chocolate icing to taste and serve.
- If you replace an ingredient, please note that the consistency of the dough and the baking results may change
- The baking time can vary depending on the oven.
- It is best to test whether the cake is ready with a wooden skewer or a knife. Both should come out again when piercing the cake without any liquid dough residue.