Vegan coconut curry with tofu and vegetables. A simple recipe for a creamy and spring-like curry with colorful vegetables and wonderfully fragrant coconut rice. Marinated and crispy fried tofu, colorful and spring-like vegetable mix of zucchini and corn, with creamy coconut milk and fresh lemon juice, herbs and spices. Served the creamy and aromatic curry with wonderfully fragrant coconut-jasmine rice and roasted sesame. The recipe is vegan, easy to make, super delicious and perfect for that feeling of spring!
It’s time for a new curry recipe! Although I especially like to eat curries in winter to warm myself from the inside, they also go wonderfully in spring. When it gets a little warmer outside, I prepare the curry a little less spicy, but more fruity and with light vegetables. An absolute “feel-good dish” that is still light and tasty.
My new curry recipe combines all of that: it’s creamy and aromatic, light and fruity like spring, contains colorful vegetables and crispy tofu (incredibly good in a curry!). Coconut milk not only makes the curry totally creamy, but also gives the dish a summery taste. Goes well with jasmine rice, which tastes and smells particularly delicious anyway, but is unbeatable when prepared with a dash of coconut milk!
Best of all: the vegan coconut curry is easy to make, requires only a few ingredients and can be prepared according to your taste (or whatever your fridge has to offer). PERFECT!
Vegan coconut curry with tofu and vegetables – the details
The recipe is easy to make. You can swap ingredients like tofu or vegetables according to your taste. This makes it perfect for simple, flexible kitchens and for recycling leftovers.
First, the previously marinated (smoked) tofu is fried until crispy in a pot. This makes it particularly aromatic.
The onions, garlic and ginger and then the vegetables are gradually fried together with red curry paste. I opted for canned zucchini and corn. But you can also use vegetables of your choice. Take into account the cooking time.
Instead of red curry paste, you can also use another paste. I also like to use yellow curry paste.
The whole thing is infused with coconut milk and a little water and seasoned with lemon juice and, if necessary, spices. Simmer for a few minutes until the curry thickens and the delicious coconut curry is ready. If the curry is too thick, add a little more water.
Serve with coconut rice and toasted sesame seeds
At the moment I really like to eat coconut rice made from jasmine or basmati rice. For this purpose, only part of the liquid is replaced with coconut milk, which gives the rice a subtle but very tasty flavor.
Finally, the curry is served with rice and roasted sesame seeds. Optionally decorate with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!
The vegan coconut curry with tofu and vegetables is easy to make, super tasty and perfect for all curry fans who don’t want to do without their curry in spring and summer! Have fun cooking and enjoy your meal 🙂
Would you like more curry dishes? Have a look at my other recipes …
And finally, if you try the vegan coconut curry with tofu and vegetables, be sure to leave me a comment and / or rate the recipe! I am always happy to read from you and learn how you like my recipes and I do my best to respond to you! As soon as your masterpiece is ready, do as I do: share your photo on Instagram and don’t forget to link to it and use the hashtag #byanjushka! It’s a lot of fun to see your creations <3.
Vegan Coconut Curry
- 400 g smoked tofu
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp curry spice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil for frying
- 2 shallots cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped or pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 zucchini cut into small pieces
- 1 can of corn 285 g drained weight
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk 400 ml
- 100 ml water
- ½ lemon squeezed
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Basil for serving
- 200 g jasmine rice
- 250 ml water
- 150 ml coconut milk
- Pat the tofu dry with kitchen paper and squeeze out the liquid. Cut into cubes and place in a shallow bowl. Marinate with oil, spices and soy sauce and let it steep for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the tofu and fry for about 5 to 8 minutes over medium heat until crispy. Add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is transparent. Add the zucchini, corn and a little salt and pepper and fry for another 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour coconut milk and water on top. Add lemon juice, stir well and season to taste. Bring the curry to the boil and simmer gently for about 5 minutes until it thickens. If it is too thick, add a little more water or broth.
- In the meantime, prepare the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Mix well so that the coconut milk does not burn. Add more water as needed.
- Finally, serve the curry with rice, roasted sesame seeds and fresh basil.