Vegan creamed spinach pasta. A quick and easy recipe for a homemade cream with spinach and penne. The delicious and creamy cream is made on the basis of cashew nuts and only needs 4 ingredients. The simple recipe for the vegan version of the classic requires only a few ingredients and is ready in less than 30 minutes!
It’s V E G A N U A R Y
YAY! On the occasion of the vegan January I would like to provide you with more simple, tasty and uncomplicated recipes. So nothing will change ;-). On my Instagram page you had the opportunity to tell me your recipe wishes for January. I am pleased to be able to accompany you from today!
We start with a delicious classic: vegan spinach cream sauce with penne. An easy and quick to make pasta dish. In this recipe I will introduce you to two ways how you can prepare the dish:
- Homemade cream made from 4 ingredients
- Plant-based cream substitute
No matter which variant you choose, I guarantee you: it tastes incredibly delicious!
Plant-based cream is required for the recipe. You can make these yourself from just 4 ingredients quickly and easily (and it tastes delicious). Or you can use a plant-based cream alternative.
Homemade cream. For this you need cashew nuts, water or vegetable milk, yeast flakes and vegetable stock powder or salt and pepper. First soak the cashew nuts in hot water. Then puree with the remaining ingredients in a blender until creamy. Add enough liquid until the sauce is creamy.
Vegetable cream. I prefer to use a soy cuisine here. You can get them in well-stocked supermarkets and drugstores. Alternatively, there is even oat or rice cuisine.
Vegan creamed spinach pasta – the details
The recipe is easy and quick to make:
Fry the onion and garlic in a pan in a little oil. Add the baby spinach and steam until the spinach collapses. Then add the vegan cream and season well.
In the meantime, cook penne or a pasta of your choice al dente and finally add it to the spinach cream sauce and mix well.
Note on alternatives: The recipe can also be cooked with frozen spinach, in which case thaw the spinach and squeeze out all the liquid.
If you’re looking for a tasty and quick recipe for lunch or dinner, you can’t go wrong with this pasta dish. Have fun trying it out and enjoy your meal!
Looking for more vegan lunch or dinner recipes? Try one of these…
- Vegan Lasagna
- Oven Baked Crepes with Spinach Feta Filling
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Lentil Pumpkin Curry with Naan bread
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Soup with crispy chickpeas
- Pumpkin Curry
- Cauliflower Soup with vegan Bacon
- Pumpkin Lasagna with Spinach and Cashew Ricotta
- Lentil Stew
- Mushroom Soup
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Brussels Sprouts
If you make this pasta recipe, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Creamed Spinach Pasta
Vegan Creamed Spinach Pasta
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 200 g baby spinach*
- 200 ml vegan cream homemade (see recipe below) or soy cuisine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 160 g Penne or other pasta
- 200 g cashews
- 100 ml water
- 100 ml vegan milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder or salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent. Add baby spinach and sauté until the spinach collapses.
- Add the cream, season well and let it boil down until the consistency is nice and creamy.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Put the pasta in the pan, stir everything well and serve.
- Soak cashew nuts in hot water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Puree the cashew nuts with the remaining ingredients in a mixer until creamy. Add enough liquid until the consistency is creamy.
- The recipe can also be cooked with frozen spinach, in which case thaw the spinach and squeeze out all the liquid.