Vegan hot coconut chocolate. A simple and quick recipe for a creamy and warming drinking chocolate made from just 4 ingredients: Coconut milk not only gives the drink a delicious coconut aroma, it also makes it especially creamy. Other ingredients are dark chocolate, vanilla and a dash of maple syrup. The hot coconut chocolate is creamy, warming, a perfect mix of tart and sweet, so delicious and sweetens every cold winter day!
The sweetest temptation in a cup …
It’s winter time. It’s not only the view outside and the cold temperatures that tell me, but also the desire to snuggle up in a blanket on the sofa in the afternoon while drinking a hot and delicious chocolate. A hot chocolate may not seem particularly special at first, but the moment you hold it in your hands is very special and beautiful!
For this reason, I have a simple and delicious recipe for the vegan version of the winter classic for you.
… with a hint of coconut
I love coconut! Especially the combination of coconut and chocolate. That’s why I like to use coconut milk in sweet recipes. It is creamy and gives a light and delicious coconut aroma. So I have also used it in this hot chocolate.
The hot chocolate with coconut milk tastes pleasantly mild like coconut and is super creamy. The dark chocolate makes it tart and only slightly sweetened with maple syrup – the perfect mix! Personally, I don’t like it that sweet, which is why I only use a dash of maple syrup. If you like it sweeter, you can add more.
If you are also a chocolate-coconut fan, I recommend the following recipe: Vegan Chocolate Orange Tart
Those who prefer vanilla should definitely try the recipe for my Hot Vanilla Crescent Drink
Hot coconut chocolate – how to make it
The recipe is easy and quick to make.
You need the following ingredients:
- Coconut milk (makes the drink particularly creamy and gives a light coconut aroma)
- dark chocolate, chopped or chocolate drops (you decide how tart – in this recipe I used a chocolate with 70% cocoa content)
- maple syrup (or another sweetener such as brown cane sugar or powdered sugar)
- vanilla (in the form of vanilla sugar, vanilla extract or fresh vanilla)
- a pinch of salt (optional)
If you want it extra creamy:
- some vanilla pudding powder
All ingredients are cooked in a saucepan until the chocolate has melted. If you want a particularly creamy drink, you can add some vanilla pudding powder. Then you almost can spoon it and it will become the ideal dessert.
Finally, pour into cups while still warm and serve with vegan cream to taste.
Have fun while enjoying this drink!
If you make this vegan hot coconut chocolate, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Hot Coconut Chocolate
- 1 can coconut milk 400ml
- 100 g dark chocolate finely chopped or chocolate drops
- 1 tbsp maple syrup to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla pudding powder optional
- 1 tbsp plant-based drink
- vegan whipped cream optional
- Put coconut milk, chocolate, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a saucepan. Heat and stir over medium heat so that the coconut milk does not burn. As soon as the liquid is steaming, lower the temperature a little and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Optionally, stir the vanilla pudding powder with the plant-based drink in a small bowl until smooth and add to the hot chocolate. Let it boil briefly until it becomes creamy and then take it off the stove.
- Fill into cups while still warm and serve with vegan whipped cream to taste.