Vegan marble cake. A simple basic recipe for the classic. The fluffy and delicious cake is made of a chocolate and vanilla dough. The recipe is super simple and made in less than an hour!
It’s time for a classic again …
Today I have a vegan marble cake for you! If you like chocolate and vanilla cakes, you should definitely try this cake! Because this marble cake is perfect for all chocolate and vanilla lovers!
If you follow me on Instagram or have already browsed through my other blog recipes, then you may notice how much I like baking classic recipes! It’s so much fun to make recipes from my childhood or classic recipes that everyone know. Another classic recipes are for example my cinnamon rolls or the simple chocolate cake. And now also this delicious marble cake!
Do you know more classic recipes? Write me in the comments!
Simple marble cake – that’s how it works
To make it as easy as possible, the vanilla and chocolate dough are made from one dough. To do this, first prepare a vanilla dough, place about half of it in a separate bowl and mix with baking cocoa and a dash of vegan milk to make the chocolate dough.
For marbling, place 1 tbsp of vanilla and chocolate dough alternately in the center of the baking pan until no dough is left. Then you can also go with a wooden skewer from above with wavy movements carefully through the dough. This gives a nice marble pattern on the cake.
I baked this cake as a simple box cake. You can decorate the cake afterwards with a chocolate glaze (what it looks like, you can see here). Instead of a box shape you can also use other bakeware, how about a ring cake? In this case I modified the recipe and made a chocolate chip cake.
In case you are using a different baking form, please note that this may also change the baking time. The flatter the cake is baked, the less time the cake takes in the oven.
Whether for a birthday or as a weekend cake, this cake should be on your next To Do list! This cake is easy to make and so delicious!
If you make the vegan marble cake, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan marble cake
- 20cm baking form
- 230 g flour
- 30 g cornstarch
- 40 g vanilla pudding powder *
- 180 g sugar *
- 7 g baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground orange peel
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 ml rapeseed oil
- 100 ml sparkling water
- 100 ml vegan milk
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- Dash of vegan milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees upper and lower heat.
- Put all the dry ingredients for the vanilla dough into a bowl and mix.
- In a second bowl, stir oil, water and milk and slowly stir into the dry ingredients and make a smooth dough.
- Place about half of the dough in a separate bowl, add baking cocoa and a dash of milk and stir into a chocolate dough.
- Lightly grease a baking tin.
- For the marbling place 1 tbsp of each dough in the middle of the baking. Continue until no dough is left.
- Optionally go through the dough with a stick from above with undulating movements.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 35-45 minutes.
- Instead of 40g vanilla pudding powder, you can also take a total amount of 70g cornstarch + 1tsp vanilla extract.
- If you replace the sugar please note that the consistency of the dough may change. This also applies to the exchange of other ingredients.