Oven-baked crêpes with a spinach feta filling. The savory crêpes are quick and easy to make and need only a few ingredients! The flavorful spinach feta filling is vegan and goes well with the simple crêpes. A simple and delicious recipe inspiration for your lunch or dinner!
Today, the Christmas market opens in our city. And I am so happy! I love to stroll through the Christmas markets at dusk or in the dark, to admire all the lights that lighten up this dark season, the music (oh yeah I love Christmas music!) … and all the smells!
Oh the smells!
It smells so wonderful. For spices, mulled wine, herbal sweets, baked potatoes and so many goodies. One of my favorite food choices are crêpes.Warm and sweet with cinnamon and sugar. Or in the winter also hearty with herbs. So yummy!
And that’s how the idea for this recipe came about.
Savory crêpes with spinach feta filling
I made a deluxe version of the christmas market crêpes: thick and fluffy and filled with spinach and feta. So easy to make!
The crêpes need only a few ingredients and are first prepared in the pan.
The filling consists of spinach (for the recipe I used frozen spinach), a feta substitute (I used “feto”, but there are also great feta substitute products!), onion, garlic and spices.
The filling options are endless! How about spinach and mushrooms? Write me your ideas for fillings in the comments!
Fill, roll up, bake!
Fill your crêpes, roll them up and place them in a baking dish and put them in the oven! Have you ever tried to bake them? Along with Toppings, such as feta or pine nuts, you can make something special out of this classic recipe!
You also like sweet crêpes? Try my recipe for cinnamon crèpes with baked apple filling!
If you make these savory crêpes, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Filled Oven-Baked Crepes with Spinach and Feta (vegan)
- 1 tbsp Oil to fry
- 200 g flour
- 200 ml vegan milk
- 200 ml sparkling water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch baking soda
Spinach Feta filling
- 1 tbsp oil to fry
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 onion peeled and minced
- 350 g frozen spinach
- 200 g vegan cream cheese
- 150 g vegan feta substitute or tofu crumbled
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan feta substitute or tofu
- pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease oven dish.
- Put all ingredients for the crepes in a bowl, stir into a smooth dough and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and use a ladle to add dough to the pan until the bottom of the pan is completely covered and fry on both sides over medium heat.
- Remove the crepes from the pan and set aside.
Spinach Feta filling
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach and fry with the lid closed and low heat until the spinach is completely thawed.
- Add cream cheese and feta substitute, mix everything together and season with spices and lemon juice.
- Put 1-2 tbsp of the filling in the middle of the crepes, roll up and place Distribute 1-2 tbsp each of the mass centered on the pancakes and place in the oven dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta substitute and pine nuts and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until golden yellow *.
- You can also omit this preparation step and eat the crepes right away with the filling.