Vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake. A simple recipe for a delicious cake with a poppy seed cheesecake filling and crunchy crumble. The vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake is made with a simple shortcrust dough and layered with two quickly made fillings: poppy seeds and cheesecake. The cake is topped with crispy crumble. The most delicious combined in just one cake! The classic is quick and easy to make, requires only a few ingredients and is perfect for every occasion!
The most delicious combined in just one cake!
That probably describes the cake best!
Anyone who has been following my posts for a long time knows: I prefer to be inspired by classics, childhood dishes and everyday situations. This is also the case with this recipe. The inspiration came from my mom, who baked a sheet cake for Christmas. A Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake.
I knew immediately: I had to bake it vegan. Said and done.
For the recipe, I was inspired by my poppy seed crumble cake and cheesecake. And when you combine the tastiest, the result is this cake: Vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake.
Vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake – that’s how it works!
Like most of the other recipes on my blog, this one is made easy. You don’t need fancy ingredients, special baking skills or special kitchen accessories.
The cake consists of four components:
Shortcrust. For the simple shortcrust pastry, knead all the ingredients quickly and store in the refrigerator while the filling is being prepared. Then lay out the dough in the mold.
I proceed in such a way that I press the dough evenly into the mold and form an edge. Alternatively, you can roll out the cooled dough and place it in the mold. Both variants work well. See how it works best for you.
Poppy layer. For this you only need 4 ingredients: plant milk, steamed poppy seeds (this is already ground), vanilla pudding powder (alternatively starch + vanilla extract) and sugar. Prepare everything in a saucepan until the mixture thickens and spread it on the cake base in the baking pan.
If you like, you can add dried fruit such as raisins to the filling. I didn’t use it in this recipe.
Cheesecake layer. Vegan margarine, vanilla pudding powder (alternative starch + vanilla extract), sugar and soy cuisine, vegan quark or “Skyr-Style” and lemon juice are required for the vegan cheesecake filling. Melt the margarine and mix with the remaining ingredients to a cream. Then spread over the poppy seed layer.
Crumble. To do this, knead all the ingredients and spread them over the cake as a sprinkle.
Then put the cake in the oven and bake. So easy and so delicious! Have fun baking and enjoy <3.
Looking for more easy baking recipes? Try one of these…
- Cinnamon buns with apple and nut filling
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Chocolate Pear Cake
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- Delicious Marble Cake
- Speculoos Swirl Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Chocolate Orange Tart
- Apple Pie with date caramel
If you make this Vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Poppy Seed Crumble Cheesecake
- 20 cm baking form
- 225 g flour
- 125 g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of sat
- 1/2 tsp orange peel optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 g vegan margarine cold
- 2 tbsp plant milk
Poppy Seed Layer
- 20 g vanilla pudding powder
- 15 g sugar
- 3 tbsp plant milk
- 200 ml plant milk
- 50 g ground poppy seeds
- 50 g vegan margarine
- 20 g vanilla pudding powder
- 40 g sogar
- 50 ml soy Cuisine
- 250 g vegan quark or skyr
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 50 g flour
- 25 g brown sugar
- 40 g vegan margarine cold
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp orange peel optional
- In a bowl, quickly knead all the ingredients for the shortcrust to form a dough. Put in the fridge.
- Meanwhile prepare the poppy seed layer: In a bowl, stir in the pudding powder, sugar and 3 tbsp plant milk until smooth. Bring the rest of the plant milk with the poppy seeds to the boil in a saucepan. Stir in the mixed pudding powder. Bring to the boil briefly over medium heat and simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let soak for another 5 minutes. If the filling is thick, set it aside first.
- For the cheesecake layer, briefly heat the margarine in a saucepan / microwave and let it cool slightly. Mix the pudding powder, sugar and soy cuisine in a small bowl. Put margarine, vegan quark, lemon juice and mixed pudding powder in a large bowl and mix until creamy with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- Quickly knead all the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees top and bottom heat. Lightly grease the baking pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Take the shortcrust pastry out of the refrigerator and press evenly into the baking pan. Form a high edge. Pierce the batter a few times with a fork.
- First spread the poppy seed mixture on the cake, then spread the cheesecake filling and finally the crumble over the cake.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 to 70 minutes. If the cake gets dark, simply cover it. Then let the cake stand for another 15 minutes with the oven switched off and the oven door slightly open. Then take it out and let it cool down completely.Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to set.
- Remove from the mold to serve, cut into pieces and enjoy.
- If you replace an ingredient, please note that the consistency of the dough and the baking result may change.
- Alternatively, you can roll out the cooled dough and then place it in the mold. Both variants work well.
- The baking time can vary depending on the oven.
- It is best to test whether the cake is ready with a wooden skewer or a knife. Both should come out again when piercing the cake without any liquid dough residue.