Vegan puff pastry pockets with a spinach feta filling. A simple and quick recipe for vegan finger food. The puff pastry pockets are filled with a spicy spinach-feta mix and taste super delicious – perfect as a party snack or delicious side dish. The simple recipe for the vegan puff pastry snack requires only a few ingredients and is quickly made.
Vegan puff pastry
Did you know that ready-made puff pastry from the cooling shelf can also be vegan? Here it is worth taking a look at the list of ingredients! I prefer to bake myself, but now and then I also use the ready-made version from the supermarket to quickly and easily conjure up a tasty snack.
For example vegan puff pastries with a spinach and feta filling. Who does not know them from childhood: filled puff pastry pockets in various variations. An absolute DELICIOUS was – and still is today! – spinach and feta. And that works pretty easy and delicious even vegan!
Vegan puff pastries with a spinach and feta filling – the details
As already mentioned, the basis is a vegan puff pastry. You can find this in most supermarkets in the refrigerated shelves.
For the filling you only need 4 ingredients:
- Frozen spinach leaves (or fresh spinach)
- vegan feta
- Oil for frying
- Spices to taste
That’s how it works
The preparation is simple: First prepare the filling in a pan. Cut the puff pastry and place the filling in each case. Fold the puff pastry over and press firmly with a fork.
If you like, you can coat the puff pastry pockets with liquid vegan margarine or vegan milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking.
After baking, just be patient and enjoy warm or cold <3.
Looking for more vegan lunch or dinner recipes? Try one of these…
- Vegan Lasagna
- Oven Baked Crepes with Spinach Feta Filling
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Lentil Pumpkin Curry with Naan bread
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Soup with crispy chickpeas
- Pumpkin Curry
- Cauliflower Soup with vegan Bacon
- Pumpkin Lasagna with Spinach and Cashew Ricotta
- Lentil Stew
- Mushroom Soup
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Brussels Sprouts
- Vegan creamed spinach pasta
If you make these vegan puff pastry pockets, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Puff Pastry Pockets with Spinach Feta Filling
- 270 g Puff Pastry
- Oil for frying
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 125 g frozen spinach
- 150 g vegan feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine oder vegan milk
- sesam seeds
- Heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add spinach and fry until the spinach is thawed.Crumble the feta and add to the pan. Mix everything together well and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top and bottom heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare puff pastry according to package instructions.
- Cut the puff pastry into about 12 equal-sized rectangles and cut a small cross in the upper half.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the spinach-feta mixture on the bottom half and fold the top half over. Press the edges with a fork.
- Heat margarine in the microwave until it is liquid and coat the puff pastry pockets with it. Alternatively, use plant-based drink. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden. Then take it out and let it cool down briefly.