Vegan Puff Pastry Tarts with a fruity blueberry filling. A simple and quick recipe for a sweet puff pastry dessert! The small puff pastry tarts are topped with blueberries, which are refined with vanilla and sweetness. Brown sugar makes the edges of the tart particularly crispy and sweet. The vegan puff pastry tarts with blueberries are quick and easy to make, adaptable and perfect as a (summery) dessert.
Vegan puff pastry
Did you know that ready-made puff pastry from the refrigerated section can also be vegan? Here it is worth taking a look at the list of ingredients. I prefer to bake myself, but every now and then I use the ready-made version from the supermarket to quickly and easily conjure up a delicious snack or a lightning-fast dessert. Because you can’t go wrong with puff pastry ;-).
Especially not with sweet puff pastry tarts. Whether big or small, topped with seasonal berries, apples, peaches or other types of fruit: it always tastes delicious! Especially in the berry season, I like to use strawberries or blueberries. Blueberries are particularly juicy. The best thing about it: it only needs a few ingredients, hardly any effort and is ready in no time!
Sounds good? Then you should definitely try the vegan puff pastry tarts with blueberries!
Vegan puff pastry tarts with blueberries – how it works!
The basis is a vegan puff pastry. You can find this in most supermarkets in the refrigerated section
You only need 5 ingredients for the filling:
- Blueberries (or other berries or fruit)
- Food starch
- Agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Melted vegetable margarine for brushing
- Brown sugar for sprinkling
First prepare the filling by mixing all the ingredients together. Cut the puff pastry, place the filling in the middle and with space to the edge and fold over the edges (also over the blueberries).
If you like, you can coat the puff pastry pockets with liquid vegetable margarine or vegetable milk before baking and sprinkle the edges with brown sugar.
After baking, just be patient and enjoy warm or cold <3.
Tip: serve with a scoop of ice cream. Thank me later 🙂
Want a hearty version of this dish? Then definitely try my recipe for Vegan Puff Pastry with Spinach Feta Filling!
And finally, if you try these Vegan Puff Pastry Tarts with Blueberries, be sure to leave me a comment and / or rate the recipe! I am always happy to read from you and learn how you like my recipes and I do my best to respond to you! As soon as your masterpiece is ready, do as I do: share your photo on Instagram and don’t forget to link to it and use the hashtag #byanjushka! It’s a lot of fun to see your creations <3.
Vegan Puff Pastry Tarts with Blueberries
Puff pastry pockets
- 300 g blueberries
- 2 tbsp starch
- 40 ml agave syrup or other syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 pack of puff pastry 270g
- melted vegetable margarine for brushing
- brown sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C, top and bottom heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare the puff pastry according to the instructions on the packet.
- Mix the blueberries with the starch. Add agave syrup, lemon juice and vanilla and mix everything together.
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 equal-sized rectangles. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the blueberries in the middle, leaving a border of about 1 to 2 cm. Fold the edges over or fold them over the blueberries, brush with margarine and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden.
- Let cool down briefly before serving and serve fresh and warm if possible. A scoop of ice cream goes well with it.
- Instead of blueberries, you can also use other berries or fruits of your choice.