Pumpkin cake with creamy cinnamon frosting. Fluffy, flavorful, moist and sweet cake and a delicious and creamy cinnamon frosting. Decorated with chocolate chips and pecans. A simple and quick recipe for an autumn cake.
How about a pumpkin pie? This cake is fluffy, full of autumnal spices such as cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and ginger and thanks to the pumpkin puree so moist!
Oh yes. Matching the cake, I prepared a creamy cinnamon frosting. Words can hardly describe how DELICIOUS this frosting tastes, especially on the cake. It tastes perfectly cinnamony and fresh. The cake is also very good without frosting, because it is very moist and flavorful. But who wants to eat it without a CINNAMON Frosting?
This vegan pumpkin cake is …
… incredibly easy to make.
… fluffy and moist.
… served with a delicious and creamy cinnamon frosting.
… decorated with chocolate chips and pecans.
… the tastiest autumn cake!
Simple pumpkin cake with cinnamon frosting – that’s how it works
It could not be easier! You need: 2 bowls. 1 baking form. 1 hand mixer.
Put all the ingredients for the pumpkin in a bowl, stir into a dough, pour into the baking form and bake in the oven!
Put the ingredients for the frosting in the second bowl, mix with the hand mixer until creamy and then spread the cooled cake with it.
I used chocolate chips and pecans to decorate. But here you can become creative yourself or serve the cake just with the frosting.
Looking for more sweet pumpkin recipes? Try one of these…
If you make this vegan pumpkin cake, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Frosting
- 20cm baking form
- 250 g flour
- 100 g brown sugar*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice*
- 350 g pumpkin puree*
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 60 ml oil
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 50 g vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp vegan milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put all dry ingredients for the cake in a bowl and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to a smooth dough.
- Put the dough in a slightly greased baking form and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Use a wooden stick to check that the cake is finished * and remove from the oven. Then let cool completely.
- For the frosting put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with an elextric mixer until a creamy consistency.
- Depending on the desired consistency add a dash of vegan milk.
- Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and then store in the fridge.
- If you are exchanging the brown sugar please note that the consistency of the dough may change.
- you can either use a pumpkin spice blend or make your own pumpkin spice mix: 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1/2tsp ginger, 1/2tsp nutmeg and 1/2tsp cloves.
- To make pumpkin puree you have two options:
- In the pot: Cut a hokkaido pumpkin into small pieces, place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to boil and simmer until the pumpkin is soft. Then drain off the water and mix in a blender.
- In the oven: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut the hokkaido pumpkin into small pieces, spread on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes until the pumpkin is soft. Then mix in a blender.
- For the wooden stick test, place the stick into the cake. When the cake is finished, the wooden stick should come out of the cake dry.