Creamy and simple pumpkin soup with crispy chickpeas. If there’s a soup to make in autumn, it’s definitely this vegan pumpkin soup. Topped with baked chickpeas and creamy coconut milk. The recipe is suitable for pre-cooking and is prepared quickly and easily.
When I think of autumn, I think of colorful leaves and pumpkins. Many pumpkins. Pumpkin not only tastes totally delicious, but is also very versatile. It can be used for savory as well as sweet recipes. On my blog you can find recipes for fluffy pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin curry, a delicious pumpkin cake with cinnamon frosting and more!
A recipe classic…
… is pumpkin soup. This recipe is simple, warming and delicious! The pumpkin gives the soup a slightly sweet flavor and mixed it results in an incredibly creamy soup! The creamy pumpkin soup is topped with crispy and spicy chickpeas from the oven and pumpkin seeds.
Creamy pumpkin soup: tip!
The soup is made of pumpkin and carrots. Instead of carrots you can also use sweet potatoes or omit it completely and instead take more pumpkin. Instead of cooking the vegetables in a pot of water, I diced it and baked it in the oven until it was very soft. The roasted aromas give the soup am extra delicious taste! If you do not have an oven, you can also cook the vegetables in a pot with water.
The spicy chickpeas are cooked in the oven and are a great crunchy topping to the creamy soup. I used boiled chickpeas from the jar. You can also cook the chickpeas yourself. Then marinate with oil and spices and bake in the oven. To achieve a particularly crispy result, open the oven door in between and “shake” the chickpeas.
Looking for more vegan lunch or dinner recipes? Try one of these…
- Vegan Lasagna
- Oven Baked Crepes with Spinach Feta Filling
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- Lentil Pumpkin Curry with Naan bread
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Curry
- Cauliflower Soup with Coconut Bacon
If you make this pumpkin lasagna, be sure to leave a comment and / or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and how my recipes tasted to you! If you do make this recipe, share your creation on Instagram as a photo and use the hashtag #byanjushka. Always so happy to look through your photos of recipes!
Vegan Pumpkin Soup with crispy Chickpeas
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin about 1,5kg
- 300 g carrots*
- 2 tbsp oil to marinate
- 2 tbsp oil to cook
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 265 g chickpeas cooked
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 dregees.
- Cut the hokkaido pumpkin and carrots into small pieces, marinate with oil and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Marinate chickpeas with oil and spices and place on the baking tray together with the vegetables.
- Bake the vegetables and the chickpeas in the oven for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Then remove.
- If necessary, bake the chickpeas a bit longer until they are crispy. Once finished, remove.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Peel onion, garlic and ginger and cut into small pieces and sauté in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin and carrots are tender, add to the saucepan and deglaze with coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Season with spices and simmer for about 20 minutes to allow the aromas to unfold.
- Then puree with a blender and season again if necessary.
- Serve the finished soup with the crispy chickpeas and optionally a dash of coconut milk or vegan cream.
- The carrots can also be replaced with sweet potatoes or omitted and instead use more pumpkin.